4.3 is here today, and with the new patch comes the ability to TRANSMOGRIFY. Being someone who has hoarded weapons and gear since I was level 40-something, I’ve been forming a list of the best stuff out there for years and I thought I would post my top 10 picks.
I tried to keep my lists limited to items that can be farmed since quest reward items tend to be a little harder to obtain [due to the possibility that someone might have already completed the quest and therefore no longer have access to it]. Plus, raid drops tend to be much nicer looking than quest items anyway.
Top 10 ranged weapons
- Melmorta’s Twilight Longbow (pictured above)
- Avalanche / Golemheart Longbow / Siren’s Cry
- Ironfeather Longbow
- Golden Bow of Quel’Thalas
- Rifle of the Platinum Guard / Veranus’ Bane
- Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix
- Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle
- The Boomstick
- Rhok’delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers (pictured above)
- Rhok’shalla, the Shadow’s Bane (A)
- Vengeful Gladiator’s Longbow (edit: this item was patched in, can be purchased from a vendor in Area 52 now)
- Deadly Gladiator’s Longbow
- BRK-1000 (A)
These are some of the best weapons EVER made in the game. Unfortunately, they are no longer obtainable, so they’re very much a “you had to be there” type item.
Frankly, if you were around when these quests/items were available and you don’t use them for transmog, you’re doing it wrong.
- Don Santos’ Famous Hunting Rifle / Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer
- Bristleblitz Striker
- Arathar, the Eye of Flame (pictured above)
- Crypt Fiend Slayer
- Brutal Gladiator’s Longbow
- Blunderbuss of Khaz Modan
- Grand Marshal’s Bullseye (A) [for the lulz]
- Ethereal Warp-Bow
- Steelhawk Crossbow
Top 10 melee weapons