We got through the first 4 bosses in heroic DS, lots of problems with mods and DCs so raid was fairly slow tonight. Just some quick notes before I head to bed. First couple bosses I was still getting used to my new rotation so I did poorly:
A few notes:
- I was peaking at over 70k DPS with all my CDs up in the initial burst of BM. I can only imagine how much more I’d be doing with Stampede to add into the mix, plus I’m forging OUT of crit to hit EXP cap (which I’m slightly below due to my hasty and shoddy reforge job 10 mins before raid).
- You can’t Kill Command on Ultraxion and I’m told it bugs out on Warmaster drakes and Madness arms.
- I am told Lynx Rush bugs out on Spine.
- Lynx Rush is so much better than A Murder of Crows.
- Raiding seriously as BM is amazing.
I look forward to finishing the raid tomorrow night. I’ll have some notes on SV raiding since I’m prolly going to have to do 75% of the last half of the raid as SV due to KC bugs.
Anyone notice anything weird that I didn’t catch tonight?
I have just added Hunter POV videos for every fight to my Hunting Heroic Dragon Soul guide! These videos should help clarify any questions regarding fight mechanics or positioning and give you a good idea of what your role in the fight will be if you’re new to the fight as a hunter. Enjoy!
To directly view the videos on my YouTube, you can jump directly to the playlist here: Dragon Soul Playlist
The expansion is rapidly coming to a close and Tier 13 is ending. With the 20% nerf coming out, even more people will be progressing through Dragon Soul. Hunters were all over the place this tier. We started out okay then quickly got nerfed into the ground. They finally fixed us a couple patches in to 4.3 and with good gear and great knowledge of the fights, we are able to go head to head with some of the classes who spend a bit too much time sitting at the top of the meters.
This guide assumes you already have previous knowledge of the fights and focuses mainly on hunter-specific mechanics and tricks you need to know to maximize your effectiveness in the encounters. I have also included videos of the fights from a hunter POV so you can get an idea of what your role in the fight will look like. (Language in videos may be considered NSFW, you have been warned!)